Keeping your cool: responding to challenging behaviour - Tauranga
Thursday 19th October, 10am - 1.30pm
Waimarino Education Trust, 36 Taniwha Place, Bethlehem, Tauranga.
Cost: $45.00 per person for OSCN members ($40-00 per person if 3 or more people attending) $65.00 per person for non-members
We hear all the time that children are becoming more challenging in their behaviour and that staff often struggle to respond effectively when kids are pushing limits or “melting down”. This workshop aims to keep things simple – we focus on effective strategies for everyday use that help kids get back on track with a minimum of confrontation: if we want cool, respectful kids then we have to walk the talk ourselves.
We use games and practical activities to show how to approach challenging behaviour with a cool head and positive purpose.
- Helping children to get along with each other – supporting learning in OSCAR
- Communication with children
- Low-key discipline approaches for everyday use
- Effective responses to persistent challenging behaviour
Make A Booking
No payment is required for initial registration or a booking enquiry.
- Use the form below to enter the names of people you wish to register. Please enter multiple names on one form - all in the one box. For 'quantity' select the number of staff you are booking.
- Your contact details are helpful, in case we need to reach you if there are any changes.
We aim to provide inclusive and welcoming events. Please let us know about any individual needs of those who are attending this event. Email our office: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
You should receive a confirmation email, including more details about the venue.
PRIVACY DECLARATION we collect this information to help us adminster our training and events. We won't share your contact details with any other party and we only retain your first and last name and the name of the programme where you work, in order to print a certificate for your attendance - which we send to your programme.
If you wish to check any information we hold about you or have any concerns please contact the Manager: email@example.com or 09 366 0320