Meet Up On Line - Holistic Safeguarding - keeping your programme safe when recruiting staff
(OSCN Members event)
Unfortunately we know that inappropriate people do seek to gain positions within OSCAR services. In this chat with Kim Dickinson of Holistic Safeguarding we touch base on the risks we face when recruiting staff. We will talk about what a "safeguarding culture" looks like in OSCAR and provide some practical tips to help help us screen out inappropriate or unsafe people.
Kim draws on extensive experience and research to help us be better informed about possible 'red flags' for staff behaviour at our programmes, as well as ways to dig a bit deeper on the values and beliefs of potential staff during the interview process.
The connection will be available from about 9.30 onwards, on the day of the meeting.
Feel free to drop in early to test out your connection.
We network using Google Meet. There are a few things that might be helpful if you are new to this:
- If you are on a PC or laptop then the meeting link should open a window in Google Chrome. If the invite link doesn't seem to work it might be because you haven't got Google Chrome installed - try to switch to a device that does.
- If you are using a phone or tablet, you will be asked to install the Meet app.
- If you have asked to join the meeting and haven't been admitted - you might eventually get a "time out message". Close the window, go back and click the link again. If lots of people are joining all at once we sometimes miss your request.
- IF THIS DOESN"T WORK YOU SHOULD CHECK THAT YOU ARE LOGGED INTO A GOOGLE ACCOUNT. If you aren't, or if you are logged into a different server-based email account, that might be causing you to be blocked. Drop an email to email@example.com
- You don't need video for the call - if your device doesn't have a mic you can listen and communicate through the text chat box - unfortunately this won't be possible if you are on a phone.
- If you hit any problems with video or audio quality - try closing the window and use the link to re-enter.
Make A Booking
No payment is required for initial registration or a booking enquiry. We only charge for those who attend.
- Use the form below to enter the names of people you wish to registervacy information
- Please enter multiple names on one form - all in the one box.
- For 'quantity' select the number of staff you are booking.
- Your contact details are helpful, in case we need to reach you if there are any changes.
We aim to provide inclusive and welcoming events. Please let us know about any individual needs of those who are attending this event. Email our office: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
You should receive a confirmation email, including more details about the venue.
PRIVACY DECLARATION we collect this information to help us adminster our training and events. We won't share your contact details with any other party and we only retain your first and last name and the name of the programme where you work, in order to print a certificate for your attendance - which we send to your programme.
If you wish to check any information we hold about you or have any concerns please contact the Manager: email@example.com or 09 366 0320