First Aid for OSCAR - Short Course
Monday December 5th, 10am - 12.30pm
Venue: Sunnynook Community Centre, 148 Sycamore Drive, Sunnynook, Auckland
This course covers the common accidents in the playground plus it looks at common medical conditions and how best to deal with them. The course is very practical and hands-on.
The workshop is run by First Aid First Feedback from these workshops has been very positive, with many saying it was the best first aid workshop they had ever done.
- Sarah, the tutor, issues everyone a certificate for the course and does run a practical CPR assessment
- Sarah knows her stuff and is super practical and focused on first aid for children.
- She carries a current qualification from the Resuscitation Council but this is not an NZQA or "Workplace First AId" workshop.
Does the course meet accreditation requirements?
In our view 'yes' and many assessors agree. On the other hand, some have recommended that staff undertake "Workplace First Aid". Our view is that the workshop we are offering is a very affordable course, very high quality and much more valuable than what is covered in some full day courses. Some of our members say they can live with having a recommendation on their Accreditation report, when they know that staff have been to such a useful workshop. Some may still send a staff member to a full Workplace First Aid course, so they have that piece of paper - that's up to you. We also note that Sarah is a training provider of choice for staff at a number of Auckland schools.
Cost: OSCN members: $55-00 per person, ($50-00 per person if more than 3 people attending.); Non-members: $75-00 per person
No payment is required for initial registration or a booking enquiry.
Full details of the course and venue are sent by email, once a booking has been made.
Make A Booking
No payment is required for initial registration or a booking enquiry. We only charge for those who attend.
- Use the form below to enter the names of people you wish to register
- Please enter multiple names on one form - all in the one box.
- For 'quantity' select the number of staff you are booking.
- Your contact details are helpful, in case we need to reach you if there are any changes.
You should receive a confirmation email, including more details about the venue.