First Aid for OSCAR - Short Course
Tuesday 31st March, 10am - 12.30pm
Venue: Papatoetoe Bowling Club, 247 Great South Road, Papatoetoe
Please note 12.30 end time - to allow time for CPR practice.
This course covers the common accidents in the playground plus it looks at common medical conditions and how best to deal with them. The course is very practical and hands-on.
The workshop is run by First Aid First
OSCN will issue a certificate of attendance
- CPR (practice with manikins);
- Use of an automated defibrillator (optional extra component; extra time and fee applies);
- Choke-rescue techniques (practice with manikins);
- Dealing with accidents such as broken bones, dislocations, bangs on the head, knocked-out teeth, etc;
- Medical conditions such as asthma, anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction), epilepsy and other seizures, diabetes, etc - how to recognise them and what to do about them;
- Other emergency situations such as drowning;
When to call the parents; when to call an ambulance;
- Child car restraints.
- Everyone on the course receives a booklet, to complement the explanations and demonstrations on the course.
Sorry all seats at this event have been booked. Please consider an alternative event.