OSCAR Meetup 2020
We're making plans for a day that brings together OSCN members for presentations and networking, with topics aimed at OSCAR managers, co-ordinators and senior supervisors. Hosted by OSCN and Community Leisure Management (CLM)
Wednesday August 26th 2020 9am to 3pm
Otahuhu Pool and Leisure Centre (CLM), 30 Mason Ave, Otahuhu, Auckland
About the OSCAR Meetup
We are aiming for a day where OSCAR providers connect and share knowledge and experience on a very practical level. We want to offer a programme of 50-minute sessions comprising short presentations by OSCAR providers on specified topics, followed by questions, discussion and networking within each session group. A proposed schedule for the day is further below.
This will be a ‘no frills’ event focused on the programme topics you want to discuss. So there’s no trade stalls, sponsored promotions, key note speakers or the kind of formalities that you might see at a full-blown conference.
We are asking you now to briefly feedback to us about the concept and the proposed topics. So please read on, using the link to the survey at the end of this message.
We expect the event to fill up very quickly, so we are proposing these policies to ensure fair access:
- We will be registering 200 people in total (based on venue capacity).
- Places will be limited to one owner/service manager and one senior supervisor per programme site, to a maximum of 4 people from any one organisation.
- Early access registration will open for organisations based out of Auckland in December. 100 places will be allocated at this stage. The remaining places will open for booking in early February 2020.
- The estimated fee per person will be $60-00 (including lunch and refreshments). We have set what we see as a very affordable fee in order to offset the total cost for those who are travelling from out of Auckland.
Overview of the day
8:30am - arrival, light refreshments
9:00am - welcome and housekeeping
9.30am – 12.30pm - 3 x 50-minute sessions – a choice of up to 4 options
Short presentations by OSCAR providers on a specified topic (see below), followed by questions, discussion and networking within each session
12:30-1:30pm - lunch & networking
After lunch: large group session (details to be advised); group photo; further information sharing and networking; formal closing by 3:00pm.
- Managing staff rosters and leave entitlements
- Staff inductions and on-the-job learnin
- Holiday programme trends - programming and routines
- After school trends - programming and routines
- Venues and equipment - tips and trends
- Enrolment, welcome and induction processes for new families
- Helping juniors to settle into your programme
- Programming for older children
- Multi-site management - styles and approaches
- Preparing for emergencies/civil defense events - practical tips & handy hints
- Effective practices for accounts, fee collection and OSCAR Subsidy
- Strategies for including children with disabilities in OSCAR
- Children with higher care needs and behaviour challenges
Please take a minute to let us know what you think about the topics and overall concept.
Link to survey - thanks for your feedback! (Deadline October 25th)